It is an art, discipline, or hobby in which rocks are balanced on top of one another in various positions. There are no tricks involved to aid in the balancing, such as adhesives, wires, supports, or rings.
AMAZING ISN’T IT ????!!!
Styles of rock balancing:
- Pure balance – each rock in near-point balance
- Counterbalance – lower rocks depend on the weight of upper rocks to maintain balance
- Balanced stacking – rocks lain flat upon each other to great height
- Free style – mixture of the two above; may include arches and sandstone.
Notable rock balance artists:
- , an American artist.
- , an influential artist working in the field, for whom rock balancing is a minor subset of his “Collaborations With Nature”.
- , British TV and radio comedian took up rock balancing after meeting Bill Dan in San Francisco.
- , British artist and photographer, born in Bristol in 1961 and now based in Lyme Regis, Dorset.
- , balance artist + photographer, born in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and presently based in Boulder, Colorado, USA.